1.06.2011

Pendant Light Tutorial

Here is the first project of three that I promised. This one was difficult, and it takes about an hour but it is so cute!


Materials
  1. Basket 
  2. Light bulb cord (I got mine from Ikea)
  3. Light bulb
  4. Spray paint
  5. Something to cut with (I recommend a a drill, but I used a knife)


First spray paint the cord, this of course is optional, but I thought the black looked classier than tan and white.

Make sure to spray paint on a tarp so it doesn't stain the ground

Cut a hole in the bottom of the basket, which is what the little scraps are. I also took off some of the inside panel of wood so the light would shine through more!

Wait until the spray paint dries and stick the end of the light bulb cord into the hole. Then of course...screw in the light bulb.

Hang up and enjoy! This is not the final resting place of my light, I just wanted to get pics up ASAP! I will show you more pics when I hang it up for real.

Enjoy! It was a fun, but frustrating project...I am getting a drill/saw next time!

Love, Sav

1 comment:

  1. Those Pendant Lightingturned out gorgeous! I would love to have this light fixture in my home. Thanks for all the help.............

    ReplyDelete