1.13.2011

Book Love

 I have read quite the collection of fantastic books lately and I would like to share them with you!


1. This I actually read last year, but it has remained one of my favs! For all you english nerds out there this one is for you. It is set in Spain and the whole feel of it is pretty dark and gothic, but it is beautifully written. A young boy is introduce to the cemetery of forgotten books by his father and he gets to choose a book to take home. As he grows up the characters from the book begin to unfold and become entangled in his own life. A mystery in Barcelona is unearthed and the character struggles to figure out fact and fiction. Read it.

2. This one Greg bought me as a gift, and I ended up falling in love with it. It is about a young African girl , Little Bee, who comes to America to find a woman she met once by horrific chance on a beach in Nigeria, a woman who made a decision that saved Little Bee's life. Little Bee arrives in the midst of a tragedy in the woman's life and each one struggles to free the other from past choices and mistakes.

3. This is my all time favorite book of all times. Did I mention that I love this book?! It is about a missionary family in the Belgium Congo in the 1950s. The story is told through the eyes of the women in the family. The mother and her four daughters. Their unrelenting and legalistic father bears down on them in a beautiful metaphor of the relationship between the Belgians and African during this time period. The story goes from when they first arrive to when they are all grown women. The story will tear you apart, I promise. 

4. This was a recent read. Judge me if you must by I love me some Jodi Piccoult. : ) This story is about a man who is on death row for killing a young girl and decides that as his last act of goodwill on this earth he will donate his heart to the young girls little sister who is dying. The story twists and turns until everything you thought was right is wrong and everyone you fell in love with and everyone you despised are turned upside down.

Hope you pick up one of these books and read it. I enjoyed them all, but I tried to pick different genre books  to suggest to appeal to anyone out there that is looking for their next read. Enjoy.

Love, Sav

1 comment:

  1. natashascreativeconfections.blogspot.comJanuary 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

    Change of Heart was CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete