1.11.2011

DIY window pane re-purpose


I am in the process of re-purposing an old window pane into a piece that is going to hang in either my living room or kitchen, I am not sure where yet. 

 I have some ideas on what to turn it in to but right now I am leaning towards making it into a bulletin/picture board of sorts.


 1-2-3 Primer is the best.


Here is a tip for you. When you are done painting for the day and want a clean and fresh brush to start with the next day, wash your brush out thoroughly with warm water, wrap it in a paper towel and leave it in the fridge. It won't stiffen and ready for the next use with no caked on paint!


Love, Sav

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed this post. I used two old frames at my wedding. I put lace on the back of one and attached our engagement pics and some young pics of us on that one. And in the other one I hung our seating chart on ribbons. All with the idea of reusing them in my house later. You should get back to this project so I can be inspired more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the same idea I had! I painted the window pane and I used it as a card holder for my friend Ivy's baby shower! That is another post at the end of January! But I am planning on using it in my wedding somehow!

    ReplyDelete