12.21.2011

Homemade Frozen Burritos

So I try to make Greg's lunch whenever he needs it (his work provides it 2 days a week)
but with my crazy school hours (waking up at 5am a-thank you) and struggling to make "unique" and "healthy" lunches everyday I have to get creative some times!

So today I made some burritos to freeze that Greg can just toss in the microwave at work
And at around 200 calories each they are way better for you then the frozen ones from the store, which can be almost 500 calories for one tiny burrito!


Ingredients
1. Medium to large Tortillas

2. Fat-Free "traditional" beans

3. 1/2 cup shredded Jack
1/2 cup shredded cheddar

4. Hot sauce or salsa

5. 1/4 cup chopped onion











Since beans are generally pretty bland I added some generous shakes of old Cholula (mi favrito hot sauce!) and a 1/4 cup chopped onions


Spoon beans and cheese into the tortilla, leaving a lot of tortilla around the edges for a good, compact burrito fold.


Wrap that baby up! I am not gonna lie I wrap a burrito better than a 17 year-old Taco Bell employee...let me show you...

A.
fold two sides in over the beans and cheese

B.
now fold one of the un-folded sides over the beans and tuck in to the fold you make previous

C.
Now roll it up and flip it over so it doesn't come apart!

Whew...that was hard...like rocket science...wait, what?
aren't you glad I had a tutorial? ; )

Now individually wrap each burrito in saran wrap and place them all into a freezer sized storagebag

Don't forget to label and date them!

I am not sure how long they will last in the freezer...but I assure you I will never find out, my hubby will be eating all of these in the next week and a half I am sure!

Enjoy those yummy little burritos...so easy!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking I should make some breakfast burritos to freeze... not sure how well the eggs will do though

    ReplyDelete