12.12.2011

Clothespin Card Holder DIY


In the midst of all the Christmas Craziness, wouldn't you like a simple-even-a-caveman-can-do-it DIY?

I thought so. : )

So starting about 2 weeks ago we started receiving the annual influx of "update" newsletters, cards with families in matching clothes at the beach, a "Meowy Christmas" from Fluffy (complete with forged "paw-print") and with little to no counter space (and no mantle to speak of!) in the house the only place to put them was on the wall.

So here is a simple (did I mention a caveman can do it?) way to display those cards.

Supplies
  1. Twine
  2. Packet of clothespins
  3. Hot glue + gun
  4. Scissors
  5. Friends to send you Christmas Cards!

Cut your twine to the desired length. My was pretty small (I ended up making 2) but it can be as long as you want it to be!


 I colored my clothespins, using an ink pad, but looking back I wish I hadn't, he "red" wasn't as red as I hoped and the "green" wasn't as green as I would have hoped!


Dab a bit of glue on the inside (or outside, doesn't matter) of the clothespin and stick to the twine, equal  distance apart.


Now decide where you want to hang it in your home ( for pictures sake I stuck mine to a white, blank wall...with tape...classy)


Here is the finished product, again on the white, blank wall to show the outcome. I really wished I would have left the clothespins un-colored because now it looks more like they are for a baby shower...blue and pink!


Here is their real home! Hanging on our bookshelf...it is so busy it would have been hard to see the finished product.

Enjoy your simple DIY!! See not everything around the holidays has to be stressful, somethings are fun...and ridiculously easy! Now if finding a present for my parents were this easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment