9.12.2011

What's on the menu...Saturday Morning Breakfast!

I was going to post this yesterday morning, but eggs and pancakes seems a little to irreverent for the 10th anniversary of September 11th. 

Being a newlywed has made meals so much more fun (I guess that is why they say you gain weight after you get married!) I finally have not only someone to cook for,but someone to enjoy my meals with!


And who could resist this adorable mug in the morning? Heavy metal t-shirt, messy bed head and sleepy eyes.
Yep you guess it that is my knight in shining armor. 


Pancakes:

1cup bisquick
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
grated nutmeg
Enough milk to give a "pancake batter" consistency. Not too runny, but shouldn't stick to the spoon when trying to put it into the frying pan.


Don't forget the Mrs. Buttersworth -Greg's favorite.
I prefer Trader Joe's Honey Apple Butter - swoon!

Fried egg 
Toasted leftover bread
Sliced nectarines

A nice hot cup of Jo...thank you Crate & Barrel for your irresistible labeled dishware.

Another Crate & Barrel love.


1 comment:

  1. So Cute!!! Yummy and creative,Luv- mom in law!

    ReplyDelete