4.03.2012

Spicy peanut Thai noodles

This week has been particularly crazy for the The Hortons!

We hardly ate any of our planned menu this week. With it being my Spring Break we went to a potluck, visited a couple for dinner in their home, went out to dinner with my parents and hung out with friends with rushed dinners before hand that were not on the menu.

So finally...I decided to make Friday night dinner for Sunday lunch/dinner

It was delish!
So glad I made it!


Yum. Yum.



{Ingredients}
-Soba, mung bean, or udon noodles
-1 large bell pepper
-2 cloves garlic
-1 tsp fresh minced ginger (I used ginger powder however)
-2 Tbs chunky peanut butter
-1 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
-1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (I used Sriracha, the bottle with the rooster on it) I used 1 tsp
-Grilled chicken (optional)


Prepare your noodles according to the package directions. I used mung bean noodles so I had to soak them for 10 minutes prior to boiling them

Prepare noodles and set aside

In a medium bowl combine the chicken broth, sriracha, soy sauce, and peanut butter


Chop bell peppers and garlic (and fresh ginger if using)

Sautee garlic, ginger, and bell pepper for 2 minutes

After 2 minutes add the chicken broth mixture and cook for an additional 2 minutes


After 2 minutes combine with the prepared noodles and mix. If you are adding chicken add it now!

Serve and enjoy!

So yummy, especially on a chilly lazy Sunday afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment