2.23.2012

Rubyellen from Cakies: A Real Housewife




I am completely honored to have Rubyellen here with me today from Cakies. I am SUCH a fan of hers and her blog is one of the ones I go to first each day. Great posts on parenting, healthy eating (her husband is a nutritionist!), and crafty lovelies! Enjoy!

_________________________________________________

lifelife

Hi! I am Rubyellen from Cakies and I am honored to be sharing a bit here on
The Real Housewives Project.
I love blogging and reading blogs, but it can also be a terrible thing. Sometimes you can get caught up in reading blogs, idolizing someone's lifestyle, and start to get easily discontented with your own life. You can start to think, "Wow! They have got it perfect! Why am I not like that? " or "Why can't I have that?"
Blogs can look quite dreamy and I know mine may even portray that from time to time, but I personally feel it would be a disservice or dishonest if I don't acknowledge my faults and how un-dreamy things can be for our family too. We are just like any other normal family, so we have messes, I yell, my kids get in trouble, Ben and I fight, we aren't always dressed to the nines are all things that happen in our real life too. What goes on in your house, probably goes on in my house. We are no exception.
I do love to document the pretty things in our life, but I have no problem admitting the bad too. I can look back and see God's work through all of it. He grows me through the happy, pretty moments and also through those nitty-gritty, tough moments. Life is full of ups and downs and I want people to know that and rejoice through it all. It is only by God's grace that I am able to go through each day, even if some days are harder (or better) than others.
If you are afraid to show your messy self in the blog world, don't. We are all messy and I think we can all just get as encouraged from reading about our messes just as much as reading about the pretty parts of life. Life's a mess anyways, so let's just all find joy in God through it!

Wanna be featured for the Real Housewives Project?
email me!

sav{dot}horton{at}gmail{dot}com

No comments:

Post a Comment