11.16.2011

{I have no choice, but I would still choose you.}



I love this song. It haunts me and send chills down my spine. 

It is the perfect example of the struggle, love, and eternity of marriage.
It makes me think of who I am as a wife and the poison that can easily come from my mouth instead of joyous and celebratory wine.

Our spouses are usually the ones we are hardest on, the ones that can cut us to the core like no other but on the other hand know just what to do to ground us and calm our hearts.

The poignant lyrics in this song make me examine my heart and words and actions I take against my husband

"Your hands can heal, your hands can bruise"
"You mouth is poison, your mouth is wine"
"I don't love you, but I always will"

This are powerful words that, depending where your heart lies can build up or tear down your marriage.

I want my hands to HEAL
I want WINE to pour from my lips
I don't want to breed bitterness or selfishness in my marriage, but honesty, deep love, commitment above all else to God, and to each other.

My favorite line from this song though is:

"I have no choice, but I would still choose you."

We have made a commitment, a vow, and at this point I have no choice in the matter. We will be together forever, there is no second option. This overjoys me, but I know there will be times in the future when this seems too hard to handle or too much pressure, and I will want to run

I pray I will always choose you.
I pray you will always choose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment